Conveniently located to serve Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Burbank, Huntington Park, San Fernando and Northridge
Why Do Women Need Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Problems that Are often Neglected, which Have a Significant Impact of the Quality of Life.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation or Vaginal Tightening is a broad term for vaginal corrective procedures that are intended to enhance a women’s genital appearance, sexual experiences, and quality of life. These procedures can be done for cosmetic reasons or to solve age-related problems, such as vaginal laxity, vaginal dryness, and urinary incontinence. Energy-based treatments provide a non-surgical option for vaginal rejuvenation. It is absolutely painless and non-invasive.
Why should you choose Her Med Spa?
Choosing the method and a provider for Vaginal Rejuvenation can be challenging. At Her Med Spa, we thoroughly walk you through each procedure and value your input. Our Her Med Spa team has extensive knowledge, wide-ranging experience, are leaders in their field, and an outstanding patient satisfaction rating. Call us or book today to learn more about how our vaginal rejuvenation options can help you achieve greater satisfaction and confidence in your body.
Whether you have symptoms or are curious about how we can help you, give us a call. Our experienced providers and friendly staff will ensure you get the service you deserve.
As we age, our bodies change and bear the signs of aging. In particular, the effects of aging are seen and felt for women, especially those who have gone through the process of childbirth. The effects are magnified for those women who have delivered multiple children.
Women are not meant to suffer from sexual gratification and stress urinary incontinence issues, simply because they have given birth. Vaginal childbirth can be traumatic to the female body and causes massive changes to the vagina. The vaginal and perineal body muscles are placed under considerable stress during delivery. The vagina stretches considerably to accommodate the birth of your child(ren). Think of the difference between a set of tight, sculpted abs versus a flabby stomach. The difference is palpable!
Causes of change in the Vaginal Tissue
1. You had a Vaginal Delivery.
It doesn’t matter whether you deliver one or multiple babies by vaginal delivery, the latter can lead to irreparable damage to the delicate tissues of the vagina. In some women, the outer and inner labia stretch to such an extent that it is impossible for them to return to the same condition that was before delivery. During a vaginal delivery, even the muscles of the vagina can separate so much that you are left with very little muscle tone (even a tampon will not stay in the vagina).
Apart from the physical consequences of such significant vaginal changes, the laxity of the vagina may also result in reduced sexual pleasure or pain while having sex along with the stress that accompanies this. Women often want a vaginal rejuvenation procedure to rejuvenate not only their bodies but also their relationships.
2. You suffer from occasional minor stress Urinary Incontinence
One of the many side effects of childbirth is that you may develop stress urinary incontinence. In this condition your urinary bladder leaks a small amount of urine due to coughing, laughing, sneezing, or physical activities, which place pressure on the urinary bladder. The weakened muscles of the vagina after delivery are not able to give adequate and proper support to the urinary bladder so leakage of urine is a common problem. Stress incontinence may also occur due to the hormonal changes that occur in menopause.
Apart from causing physical distress, occasional leakage of urine due to stress urinary incontinence may also lead to emotional stress. This may make you less confident while participating in some activities such as going to an exercise/aerobic class. Due to this, you may start avoiding the once enjoyable physical activities.
Even if you feel embarrassed, it’s important that you discuss your urinary incontinence with a healthcare professional.
3. You suffer from Vaginal Dryness.
During the menopausal phase and after that your body secretes less amount of the hormone estrogen. Estrogen helps in keeping your vaginal tissues healthy and lubricated. Although vaginal dryness usually occurs initially at the time of menopause in most of women, it may occur at any other times in your life due to the following:
- Pregnancy and giving birth to a baby
- Undergoing surgeries
- Having other health conditions
- Taking certain medicines
- Prolonged stress and anxiety can also lead to dryness of the vagina along with low libido or sexual desire.
How is the procedure of Vaginal Rejuvenation done?
Vaginal Rejuvenation is done by a combination of hormonal treatment and physical therapy. The treatment methods depend on the patient’s symptoms and other medical and surgical conditions.
- Hormonal treatment will play a significant role in stimulating the tissues suffering from hormonal deprivation to build up their mass and restore their function.
- Physical therapy will help to improve pelvic muscle control and build up a tissue mass.
- Laser vaginal rejuvenation (Co2 lasers and radiofrequency devices). If you suffer from dryness of the vagina and mild looseness of vaginal tissues, then by utilizing radiofrequency energy or co2 laser energy during a non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure you can get relief in these symptoms. It helps in increasing lubrication and tightening of the vaginal tissues. The radiofrequency energy painlessly and gently heats tissues of the vagina to a suitable and comfortable temperature, which helps in stimulating the production of new collagen. The new collagen tissue tightens the vaginal tissue that can help in improving not only stress urinary incontinence but also sexual function. The latter helps you in having a more pleasurable sexual experience. With the help of a non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure, you can improve the feel and look of your vaginal area from the inside out. The procedure is painless, quick, and without any downtime.
- Co2 and ND Yag lasers have different wavelengths. They cause thermal heating which extends to the dermal collagen and helps internally stimulate and build new collagenous tissue. Fractional CO2 laser treatment also increases epithelial thickness, fibroblast activity, and blood supply, which leads to increased synthesis of collagen and ground substance proteins. Other Laser improvement targets are vaginal elasticity, secretory function, pH, mucosal integrity, and moisture. Each patient undergoes 3 treatment sessions with monthly intervals and maintenance sessions in 6-12 months if needed.
- Radiofrequency devices emit focused electromagnetic waves that heat underlying tissues without targeting melanin. The release of thermal energy induces collagen contraction, neocollagenesis, and neovascularization, which leads to elasticity and moisture restoration of the vaginal mucosa.
Why do women choose Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Millions of women suffer from looseness, or decreased sensation with sex, due to childbirth, age, and a variety of other reasons that diminish their confidence and self-esteem. It is a common complaint in many sexually active women that regularly impacts personal relationships. Embarrassed, frustrated, and sad, women are often too uncomfortable to speak up! Don’t be afraid to discuss your options with your health care provider and significantly boost the quality of your life.
FAQs / Questions
What is the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure?
Laser vaginal rejuvenation is a procedure that is used for the treatment of vaginal laxity, atrophy and urinary incontinence symptoms . During the procedure, the CO2 fractional laser is inserted into the vaginal cavity of a female and the pulses of the laser stimulate the production of new collagen in the walls of the vagina.
Who is a candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure?
Women who are otherwise healthy, in many cases have delivered multiple children, and are looking to improve sexual gratification and/or to correct Stress Urinary Incontinence and eliminate the social embarrassment of “leaking” are ideal candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation. Also it is an excellent procedure for women who suffer from atrophic vaginitis or vaginal atrophy due to menopause. Vaginal atrophy is the thinning, inflammation and drying of the walls of the vagina due to reduced estrogen levels in the body. Atrophic vaginitis occurs most commonly in menopausal females. Some common symptoms and signs of vaginal atrophy that may require you to undergo vaginal rejuvenation procedure are:
- Dryness of vagina
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal burning
- Itching in the genitals
- Burning during urination
- Urinary urgency
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain during intercourse
- Increased urinary tract infections
- Light bleeding or spotting after intercourse
- Decreased lubrication of the vagina while having sexual intercourse
- Tightening and shortening of the vaginal canal
What to expect during the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure?
How long does the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure take?
The entire procedure takes about 15 minutes. For optimal results, a series of 3 LVR sessions spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart is recommended to help enhance sexual pleasure and increase lubrication. These treatments may also reduce the symptoms of stress urinary incontinence by strengthening the support ligaments surrounding the bladder and urethra.
Is the procedure painful?
A laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure is nearly painless and; hence, needs no anesthesia. Some women may experience minimal discomfort initially when the vaginal probe is inserted into the vagina; however, the actual vaginal rejuvenation process is not painful. According to many women, laser vaginal rejuvenation feels like a mild or gentle vibration. Others describe it as warm pulses, a snapping sensation or pinching.